Finally have the time (& courage) to put up the videos of our salsa performance held two weeks ago. Unlike last year, I did two items and also at the same time had much less time to practise. Not anything to do with me as I turned up for classes religiously every Sunday afternoon prior to the performance and turned up for most of the rehearsals (which were few & very last minute). It was just that our instructor, being the passionate dancer that she is, is not very good at time management and only finished choreographing our opening dance the week before our performance! Perhaps creative people are also prone to sudden inspirational moments, as every week when we'd gone for practice, we would always find a little tweaking in the steps or the overall choreography. Being the slow learner that I am, I wasn't too hot on that, but I just had to stick it out since I like dancing and had already committed myself to the performance. Not sure if I like performing as much though (just not a natural born performer), but I do get a sense of satisfaction from it even if I'm not that good. It's the sense of achievement - that I've done something for myself. Also you do learn a lot about yourself (in terms of your movements) and will strive to improve when you look at how bad or mediocre you are on video!
A piece of warning for those who intend to press the "Play" button: It's rated violent & a little sexual as you'll find decapitated bodies and some close up shots of my ass in one of the videos! It's all the video camera man's (my boyfriend) fault.
Also, may I ask you to be kind and close one eye or even better two eyes when you spot my mistakes?
No comments:
Post a Comment