Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Golden Week





Like I said on Facebook, I wish I have a Golden Life (as gold as the 生ビール in the picture), if not at least a Golden Year because the Golden Week (a period of 5-consecutive public holidays including the weekend) is simply too short! Imagine not having to work for life or for a year...*wistful sigh".

Just a brief recap on how I spent my Golden Week this year. As usual, forget about travelling because it's ridiculously expensive & crowded everywhere, be it in Japan, Narita airport or destinations popular among Japanese tourists! I always prefer to stay where I am in Golden Week & just chill out and do things that I normally won't have time to do when working.

So it's a good thing that Timothy Su (one of my Su brothers. People with the surname "Su" is one of a kind, at least in Singapore. The only "Su"s I know are guys. One from Singapore & the other from Canada, although the latter was born in Taiwan.) from poly, whom I hadn't met for 7-8 years, decided to come to Japan for a holiday during GW with his soon-to-be wife, Valerie! Some people never change & Tim is still the super laid back, very forgetful, extremely sociable "boy" he used to be! Funnily, his weaknesses are also part of his easy charm. I still remember having to always check up on him to see if he had done his share of work whenever we had team projects together...And he thought and still thinks I was bullying him when doing projects!

The elegant lady here is my ex-Japanese tutor, 中村先生, who used to teach me Japanese almost every week when I was living in Shiraoka. She's in her sixties but she sure doesn't look or sound like one! Every time I see her (we only see each other about 2 or 3 times a year now), I'm always struck by how well she maintains herself! 

The not-so-fun part of Golden Week would be going through the process of applying for a new apartment. I swore to Heaven & Hell that I would never "budge" after going through all the hassle of moving (have to emphasize that you'll fall into the eighteenth rank of hell when moving in Japan!) almost two years ago. But now, here I am having to relive the horrid memories of finding a new place! How I wish apartments just fall straight out from the sky & all I have to do is open the door and move in! 

2 more hours before Golden Week is officially over. Time to go and sulk. :(

3 comments:

Nomad said...

oh! how come u are moving again?

dreams come true said...

hello, saw your hotel photos in Phuket! looks really nice...いいな!yeah, i'll let you know when it's confirmed. still many things left hanging in the air!

Nomad said...

Thanks:)

So have u settled in nicely now in your new pad?