Saturday, July 09, 2005

Primary 4 School Exchange

On Tue, students from a local school came for an exchange with the P4. They are the same age as the P4s. But they are bigger than the Japanese kids. Some of the kids were getting nervous. I was looking out if any local kids dare to bully my students by degrading their English. Luckily, I didn't catch any! There wasn't much interaction between them except during the games when the kids have to explain to the local kids how to play. Some of them were so engrossed that they ignored their exchange friends and happily did their things without stuttering or spewing their ABC. I think some pretended so as not to have to speak much in English! There was a rather childish interaction between a group who has a Level A Japanese student (who is mixed). He was chatting cheerily witha local girl.
Chinese girl: Huh? What are u saying? I don't understand. Do you speak Malay otherwise I don't understand u?! Speak in Malay if u want me to understand!
Level A Japanese student: can't remember what he said but he answered very good naturedly.

If it were me, I would have asked her not to be so childish n shut up! :p I hope the student won't think that all local girls are that irritating!

No comments: