Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Our early Valentine's Day

In Japan, it's the custom to buy chocolates for the guys you admire or love on Valentine's Day. Exactly a month later, the men reciprocate by buying you chocolates on White Day. So, as I was shopping for him, I saw many Japanese girls musing over the Valentine Day's chocolates in the department stores and filling their baskets with lots of them. I bet most of them are giri chocolates (those that you give to your male colleagues & bosses) anyway because why would you need so many. It's also big to make your own chocolates to give away here. I wasn't planning to buy him chocolates, but as I couldn't find anything suitable, I got him a nice one. That and my first weak attempt at writing a love poem for him. :p

November 18

2006 November eighteen,
Day of our first meeting.
Together with the throbs of salsa music,
Our encounter was an absolute classic.

It wasn't love at first sight,
But then slowly came the tide.
The waves of red passion
That finally led to attraction.

When our eyes met on the dance floor,
I moved silently in awe.
For I couldn't hold your gaze
And it left me amazed.
What could that mean?
I wondered if you were keen.

If you only knew,
Just before I met you,
I was thinking of destiny in the noon.
And it only comes once in a blue moon.


No comments: