I enjoy going to the elementary schools because it's more fun doing classes with the kids and I get to be the main teacher. The lower level grades (especially the 1 nensei) are sooooooooo cute! But I dread it at the same time because as the main teacher, I've to talk a lot, sometimes shout too, as the kids are too noisy (they get crazy too!). And being with kids for too long is not easy....it's super tiring. They talk over each other, tell you every single thing that they know (especially the 1 nensei!) and I have no idea what they're going on about! Just today, I was attacked by more than 20 1 nensei when the class ended. Without warning, they all came charging towards me shouting & screaming "BYE!!" and wanting to hi-five or touch me, causing me to almost fall! And a little girl started to call me "Mama...mama" and clung on to me all the way from the classroom to the staff room. I had to reassure her that I'll be coming back before she would let go of me. And before she ran off, she even gave me an air kiss....haha. Kids are so funny, but they take up all my energy!! Ahh...tsukareta!
Monday, June 25, 2007
Not very genki among too genki kids!
I enjoy going to the elementary schools because it's more fun doing classes with the kids and I get to be the main teacher. The lower level grades (especially the 1 nensei) are sooooooooo cute! But I dread it at the same time because as the main teacher, I've to talk a lot, sometimes shout too, as the kids are too noisy (they get crazy too!). And being with kids for too long is not easy....it's super tiring. They talk over each other, tell you every single thing that they know (especially the 1 nensei!) and I have no idea what they're going on about! Just today, I was attacked by more than 20 1 nensei when the class ended. Without warning, they all came charging towards me shouting & screaming "BYE!!" and wanting to hi-five or touch me, causing me to almost fall! And a little girl started to call me "Mama...mama" and clung on to me all the way from the classroom to the staff room. I had to reassure her that I'll be coming back before she would let go of me. And before she ran off, she even gave me an air kiss....haha. Kids are so funny, but they take up all my energy!! Ahh...tsukareta!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
haa haa, that's the reason i can never be a teacher!!! ;p
Haa...stay away from teaching kids if you don't want to lose your energy & sanity after just a few hours each day! :0
Post a Comment