My brain must be about 60 years old now. It's not functioning like it would in a 26 year old person. As I am typing this, I realised that I've even forgotten my age. I was pondering whether I'm 25 or 26. Oh god.......am I losing my brains or my mind??
I've been worrying myself crazy these days, wondering if I'm suffering from a very unusual early case of Alzheimer's disease. Not only have I been more muddle-headed & forgetful than usual, I've also been losing my ability to spell & articulate myself properly. Words that I knew I know would suddenly vanish from my mind when I want to use them. It would only be a great deal of time later before they'd surface. Many a times, I'd even need to look up a dictionary for them. It's not just English, but Chinese & Japanese too. How can I explain this problem...the words would appear as empty gray blocks in my mind & I know that they're just hidden in those blocks. They just refuse to be revealed at the crucial moment when I need them. I've lost the ability to explain, articulate, calculate (even simple counting sometimes) & who knows what else.
Or is it, I hope, just a temporary case of mental constipation? It is as quoted from a dictionary -an inability to articulate one's thoughts or ideas, resulting in significant psychological distress and frustration. I don't even know if this is an illness or what causes mental constipation. Whatever it is, I hope there's a cure or explanation (pray to God that it's not A.D) to the gradual degeneration of my mental abilities.
Friday, December 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's called stress. It affects your memory temporarily. Also, when you worry/think too much about your condition, i.e. your inability to recall words etc, it makes your condition worse as your mind is thinking about why you can't do the things you used to do, and you get frustrated even more and it becomes a vicious downward spiral.
Relax and it will all come back to you. :)
Hi Walter,
Thanks. I guess it is or I really hope it is as I can't imagine coming down with A.D at my age! I've been feeling pretty down at work recently - suffering from low morale & also pressure from work.
Hope u're doing well.
Hi, hope you are coping better with the pressure at work since your last message. Try not to let the pressure get to you; after all, you're only a few months into your job and it takes quite a bit of adjustment - from working with kids to working with corporate adults, so don't be too demoralised if you feel that you're on top of your game k? Give yourself some time to adjust and set yourself small incremental goals to boost your confidence/morale and in a few months time I'm sure you'll be going places. :)
Ganbate!
Post a Comment