Saturday, May 21, 2005

Good news

I've been lucky. Didn't expect that I would have the chance to get some teaching experience here before going to Japan. The school emailed me about a one year contract part-time teaching position. I was happy but I couldn't accept as I would be going to Japan very soon. However, they understood my position n would be willing to accept me if I could work until the end of their term. I called up n we arranged for an interview. The morning that I went for the interview, the teacher that I was supposed to substitute 2 weeks later broke her leg just 2 hours before I came. Suddenly, I was promoted from a possible candidate for the position to a "can you start work tomorrow?" shortlister! I was given the chance to observe one of the Pri 1 classes and view my classroom. It was love at first sight with the students n my classroom. Even then, I didn't agree straightaway cos of the distance of the school from my home. By bus, it can take 2 hrs in the morning. But I knew it's a very good opportunity for me n i would be stupid to give it up cos of the distance. So here i am - having just survived one week @ the school.

No comments: