Sunday, May 22, 2005
How the English Classes Work
The classes are split into the NC to A levels. NC = newcomers. I'm taking the NC n C classes. The students in these levels have very low English ability n some Japanese is required in class. There are 12 English classrooms altogether...starting from E1 to E12. The higher the number, the better you are. E1 to E6 is for the lower primary, while E7 to E12 is for the higher primary. I'm teaching phonics to the lower primary n conversational English to the higher primary. Instead of me going to my students classroom, they come to me. I have my own classroom n I can decorate n arrange it any way i like. I love that! When the bell rings, i'll hear my students struggling to open the door (cos the door is not working very well) n say "May i come in please?". Some shout, some whisper n some don't say at all. For those who don't say it, i'll send them back to the door n only allow them to come in after they give me the magic word. There are less than 10 students in each class, which is a huge relief. Even teaching just a few students tires me out, as they need A LOT of discipline. Pri 4 is my largest class with 9 students. This is my favourite class...the Pri 4. :). I see the Pri 2 only once a week n with the 4,5,6 four times a week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment