Saturday, August 06, 2005

Life in Japan!

My sixth day in Japan! In Tokyo, it was alright. No big deal. Just orientation at Keio Plaza Hotel...really nice n comfortable. Hilton Tokyo where I stayed was really nice too. But Shiraoka machi (town) is so foreign to me. The Japanese lifestyle is so strange! Australia was just different but Japan is STRANGE! First of all it's pretty rural....there's nothing but some convenience stores, supermarkets n restaurants. It's not as convenient as i thought. And I have to ride on the bike almost everywhere. And it's so big n heavy n it's so scary to ride on the narrow roads. I've bruises on my legs and scratches on my hand. Summer is just HOT HOT HOT! It's incredibly hot and humid. Things just melt in my apartment. The thing that really bugs me is throwing garbage at home. Garbage has to be separated into many different categories for disposal. And they are not collected everyday...only specific days of the month which means rubbish have to stay at home for some time before u can get rid of them. And I don't even know what types of rubbish they are....they're just rubbish to me!! My aparment is still a big mess n I have to really clean n arrange it this weekend.

All such negative things...:p. I don't hate the lifestyle here (at least not yet..hehe) but it's just a very strange and different experience. Travelling n living in Japan is worlds apart.

No comments: