Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Farewell party for the AETs

The BOE held a farewell party for Janet, Peter & Ricky who will be leaving soon. Most people from the BOE attended this party at the Japanese restaurant in Shin-shiraoka.

I didn't particularly enjoy myself because my stomach was hurting and I was so tired. I've been feeling very tired the whole month! I wonder if it's the weather and it's very tough teaching at the school because there aren't any fans in the classrooms at all! The humidity is so bad, which makes the air in the classroom very still. Sometimes I feel like fainting in there. :(

The men drank a lot, including Ricky and Peter. But the 2 of them didn't appear drunk to me and behaved pretty normally. But my supervisor sitting beside me was acting weirdly..hah! He's in the picture too. I'd never seen him talk so much and most of it was incomprehensible. He kept saying that we are his pride, that we are the best AETs he had ever been in charge of! He had lots of funny actions that night too. Sigh...I don't know why most Japanese men act totally out of character when they're drunk.

Ahh..it'll probably be my turn to be saying goodbye next year as I'm not planning to stay on JET for a 3rd year. I'm so not looking forward to the farewell party because it's so fake and full of obligatory customs. We hardly talk to the people at the BOE and we don't know anything about each other. But for that few hours, we have to pretend that we'll miss each other. :(

No comments: