Sunday, December 17, 2006

I'm back!


After a gruelling (more than 24 hours considering that I woke up at 5:30 a.m for my departure) day of travelling, I've finally made my way back to Melbourne after a 3-year absence. It doesn't feel any different. It's the same as I remember although I do need to become familiar with the names and places again. The weather? Perfect!


Uncle John, Aunty Mary (the family that we're staying with) and my mum came to pick me up. It was 2 hours later before I could get out because of the long wait at the baggage claim and the horrendous queues at the declaration area. Their house in Shirvington is lovely. Situated in a beautiful and peaceful neighbourhood, it's the kind of house that I can only dream to live in. They take care of us so well and it's very easy to feel at home here.


We had dinner at a Chinese restaurant in the vicinity to celebrate Aunty Mary's birthday. And there I met the whole family. There's Ben & Natasha who are married and Tim who's still staying with his parents. It's so nice that they are a close knit family that embellishes Asian family ties.

No comments: