Now that I've finally embarked on a real career (though not my chosen one; only something to keep me afloat financial wise & for gaining working experience in a Japanese company), I've officially joined the ranks of working people, which perhaps has made my life pretty boring, as my main focus now is my job. I've nothing interesting to say, or can't find anything that's worth writing about. Or is it because there's no time to think about what I'm doing now & structuring them into words.....hrh?
Come to think about it - I haven't mentioned anything about what I'm doing now. Am still unfortunately (for me & my students...hah) an English teacher, though I've upgraded to teaching adults Business English at their companies. This means I travel around Tokyo a lot as I go to different companies to teach at night. In the day, I'd go to my office for my other work - course planning, which made me take up the job offer, as it offers me an opportunity to use my Japanese skills & a chance to gain experience in a Japanese company in Japan. Although, my teaching workload is higher right now, as my company is slowly easing me into the planning aspect of the job. I'm hoping that I can slowly move on to that side of the work & reduce my number of classes (not that I have a lot now, but lesson planning takes up most of my time), as being stuck in teaching forever isn't my cup of tea. But I'm learning a lot now, even though I keep telling myself teaching isn't going to be my long-term career. It's always good to learn something from what you"re doing. You'll never know when it'll help you in the future.
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment