Aah.....I keep wanting to write and post photos that are just accumulating in my folder, which I don't have anyone to share looking at with, but I don't have the time! Though I haven't taken many photos since forever (except for when I was back in Singapore), as I haven't taken any trips here lately (impossible now that I've started this new job) & there's nothing exciting about being in Japan anymore.
I don't have a long evening & night every day now like I used to, as I only reach home at about 8 or 9 p.m. And recently, I've been busy doing reading/research related to work, trying to find out what's the cause behind my stupid computer's random freezes and crashes (still don't know why), and planning for a winter trip to somewhere warm in December, hopefully Thailand, that I don't have the time to think about blogging.
Anyway, there're some new words that I've learnt at work from other native speakers & I'm really amazed that there're so many English words that I've not heard of or don't know of when I should probably know. Russian doll - stacking dolls that you open to reveal smaller dolls hidden inside one another . Rubik's cube - the cube game that people rack their brains trying to get each face of the cube into a solid colour . Donut shift - a shift system where you get free time in between. Hot desking - sharing desk/work stations for space saving or cost cutting. Bubble wrap - the plastic wrap with little air pockets that I love bursting, used to wrap fragile stuff. I've always loved popping those little air bubbles, but it has never occurred to me that there's a name for it. And when I think about it, I didn't know how to say that in any language at all! The Japanese call it "プチプチ". I wonder what it's called in Chinese!
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment