Sunday, August 13, 2006

Caught in a storm

The sky thundered yesterday afternoon and my tutor asked me to quickly head back home. I looked at the grey sky and got a little worried as I didn't have my raincoat. Although I wanted to hurry home, I needed to drop by the supermarket for some groceries. By the time I was done there, I could feel a little raindrops when I was riding. The little drops got bigger & bigger until the storm poured straight onto me. I panicked because it was still a distance from home and I had my yukata (simpler version of a kimono the Japanese wear in summer) in a paper bag (brought it to Nakamura sensei's place to learn how to wear but think I've already forgotten!). I quickly swerved to hide under the shelter of a grocery store. I was lucky because there aren't many shelters on my way home. I was a little soaked and looked dismally at the heavy rain. I stood there for quite some time as the thunder crashed a few times. The store owners were very kind and invited me to go into the store to wait out the storm, perhaps thinking that I might be scared of thunder.

It was a first experience, being caught in a storm. Somehow I felt as if I was in a movie because it would never happen to me back home.

No comments: