Monday, August 28, 2006

Cruising around Tokyo Bay

Finally got the chance to wear a yukata in public & going on the trains! I feel so Japanese walking in my kawaii yukata and geta (Japanese clogs) in gentle little steps. Though the thing is I get mistaken for a Japanese all the time anyway, even less surprising when I'm in a yukata, that I think my foreign looking girl friends get paid more attention for wearing that on the street! :p

The cruise ship that we went on is huge with 3 decks and maybe a thousand people! The night view of Tokyo Bay was fantastic. People were mainly drinking and having a good time. I was expecting a more relaxed cruise with only people from Tokyo Gaijins (the group that we signed up with for the cruise). But it was still fun anyway. Even dressing up with April & Jennifer at Nakamura sensei's place was an adventure by itself.

This summer has been fun: going to a natsu matsuri (summer festival), hanabi (fireworks) & yukata boat cruise!!

No comments: