

I got off at Kumagaya station, north of Saitama where my Mexican friend picked me up to go to Menuma to view the hanabi, fireworks. It was a really pleasant day with such nice weather. Thank god it wasn't hot & humid today! I was expecting a really crowded festival with sweaty people pushing against each other and squeezing among the crowd. But there was none of that. It was really quiet and dark there in the middle of nowhere with just a few food stalls. Although there were many families with mats & little chairs, it was still pleasantly crowded. I loved the place...perfect for viewing hanabi!!Hanabi in Japan are so long!! The one at Menuma lasted for 2 glorious hours!! And I got more that what I bargained for as it happened that 2 other places were displaying fireworks at around the same time. So while waiting during the intervals, I would look at the smaller ones further away. As I sat watching the fireworks, the wind caressed my face and it even felt a little chilly as we were in the open air. It was a really beautiful night and I'm glad that I was there enjoying the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment