Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Status as a sempai

I walked down memory lane today...to my first day in Japan as a JET. Except that it was raining today while it was blazing hot last year when I arrived at Saitama. I went to fetch the 2 new AETs at Urawa (capital of Saitama) with my supervisor in the morning. It was a long day for me too as I had to stay with them the whole day. At the Health & Welfare centre at Urawa, I peeked curiously at the new JETs (Group B) of Saitama. They were half the size of ours last year. It was a weird feeling to be sitting at the other side with all the supervisors. I could still remember vividly how I felt at the "JETs' side" on my first day here. It was all so overwhelming, new & very hot.

But today, I'm a sempai (senior) to my 2 new colleagues from England & America. I wish Janet or just someone else is here to help too. They have so many questions to ask me, which is natural of course. Hopefully I would do ok for a sempai. Though I really wish there isn't such a big change. If only I could have come back to what was here before. But that's life....always full of new challenges.

No comments: