The answer that I've been looking for for the past 1 year plus has actually always been with me. I just refused to acknowledge it and kept telling myself, "Maybe...just maybe..it's different". I could only see the vision I've created in my mind. Although the facts of reality constantly reminded me of their presence, the vision was stronger & much more pleasant. But now the answer that I refused to acknowledge has jumped right under my nose, I've no choice but to accept it. It's definitely not what I want it to be, but it is exactly how it should be. I shouldn't keep on deceiving myself and clinging on to the past for dear life. There are many things that I'm not good at, but I'm especially good at these. Something that I shouldn't be proud of.
No matter how far it is from my ideal, I've gotten my answer. No doubt that over the years, I may still think back about it and feel a slight tinge of regret, it will no longer consume my whole life. It will no longer eat into me. And I believe that one day I'll realise that this will only benefit me.
With this, I can finally leave my emotional baggage with the past and look forward to a fresh new year. Here's to a Happy 2006 & beyond with a wiser and light-hearted perspective of life!
Thursday, December 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy New Year!
Love,
mizu
Post a Comment