Sunday, September 10, 2006

The cool & the nerdy

I don't know what I did or what happened to have changed a student's attitude towards me in one of the schools. As usual, we're being rotated. Though now with only 3 AETs, the rotation is getting more frequent, meaning I stay for a shorter time (2 weeks to a month) at each school. I can't be bothered bonding with the students anymore because it's just impossible when you stay for only a few weeks, disappear for more than half a year and then return. The students forget you or they're not close to you anymore. It's true and it kind of hurts a little at first. But if I don't care about bonding with them anymore, it won't hurt. It's just a job to me now...go to a school, do my work, and move to the next school.

Anyway, back to the boy. He's kind of "cool" because he never smiles nor talks in English class. It's not the real cool to me as he doesn't fit my image of a cool guy. I would say he has an attitude problem..hah! He had never once looked at or greeted me (I think) in class when I was at his school a few months ago. To my surprise, he smiled at the beginning of class when he saw that I have returned. Just the other day, the 3 nensei went out picking pears around the neighbourhood. Yeah, this school has quite a few fun events for the students! And the boy came to the staff room to give me a pear, though he didn't say anything but just looked at me when he offered me the pear. It's really strange why he's suddenly so nice to me!

And there is Ikeda-kun..............I didn't really want to say it at first, but he's so nerdy!! He came asking for my reply to his love letter again (twice in a row!!) when he saw me and right in front of the other staff! I really hope he would grow out of this stupid crush. It just makes me want to avoid him like the plague. If only his "feelings" for me have changed like the "cool" boy's attitude towards me...........

No comments: