If I were someone else and saw myself today, I would probably go up and say, "You know, I hadn't seen you smile like that in class for a long while." And I would think about it and say, "Yeah, you're probably right." Truth is because it wasn't my usual class at the junior high schools, but an elementary school visit in the afternoon. As usual the energy and liveliness of the little children didn't fail to cheer me up.
We were there (Jennifer & I) to promote international understanding with 2 other foreigners (originally from Peru & China) among the kids. It was a much bigger class of fifth graders than last year with 127 students. It was pretty nerve wrecking to do my introduction in front of such a huge class at first. But I enjoyed myself so much that I soon forgot my nervousness. During the break time, when the kids rushed to our side to look at the stuff we brought for our introduction, I felt really warm with happiness. They were so eager and curious.
I wish I can smile like that in my usual classes, but I just can't. Not anymore...
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment