Sunday, November 05, 2006

Almost famous!

Feeling a very strong urge to dance after watching "Dance with Me" starring Vanessa L. Williams & Chayanne, I decided to check out a salsa club at Ikebukuro today (technically yesterday). Since it's a long weekend this week, I thought I might as well go out to try a new dance club. I really liked the movie. The stars danced so well and were so good looking. And haha...thus I fell in love with Chayanne! He not only sings, dances and acts well, but is so damn handsome & charming!

I was initially worried about going to a new club alone, but the owner and patrons (old fashioned perhaps to say that?) were really friendly. I like the club too as it's spacious & pretty new. One of the people I chatted for quite a bit is a man from Puerto Rico, Miguel. We were chatting about salsa, merengue, bachata and their music etc. Not that I know much, but he told me quite a lot as he's a musician. It also happened that there's a poster (above) of the movie, "Dance with Me" at the club and I began to talk about it. Being both Puerto Ricans (Chayanne's from P.R too), Miguel's pretty familiar with him. BUT, the highlight of it was when he said he knew him personally as he's in the music business! Oh my god!! You can imagine how surprised I was hearing that. I thought I heard wrong at first! I got the idea that they perhaps have lost touch as he was talking in the past tense and that Chayanne is touring (perhaps) in Spain now. And though I know it has nothing to do with me, it made me really happy to know that he's a good man who's down to earth.

Wow...to think that I was actually talking to someone who knew him! Hmm....I know some of you might think that the guy could be trying to kid me, but I believe him as he doesn't look the sort and no, he wasn't flirting with me at all!

No comments: