Tuesday, November 21, 2006
The world is coming to me!
It's funny that although the percentage of foreigners in Japan is very low, I've met many foreigners from different places, more so than when I was back home or in Melbourne. It most probably has to do with the fact that I'm a foreigner too, so it's easier to bond with one another. When you don't have your own community to hang out with, you're more open to others. The JET programme has allowed me to meet many people mainly from English speaking countries: Canada, UK, Australia, US etc. And recently, because of salsa, I've been meeting many people from Latin America: Peru, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Chile, Columbia & Mexico. I love such international exposure. It makes me feel as if I'm connected to a world much bigger than my own!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment