Monday, November 06, 2006

Golden rules of dancing

There are two things that I can't stand a guy doing while dancing. One is to teach me how to dance. That gives me the impression that the man is full of himself, has no respect for the girl, unchivalrous, and doesn't know how to enjoy dancing. As is quoted from a dance movie, there are no mistakes when it comes to dancing. Dancing is always fun. Though I'm not saying that it's fun to dance with someone who's not good at it. But rather, we shouldn't mind making mistakes sometimes. I wouldn't mind the guy telling me how to do a step or move after the dance because with a club dance like salsa, there are so many styles that it's impossible to know every one of them (also not forgetting the fact that you often have to dance with someone who's more advanced than you). But NEVER during the dance! If he wants to teach so much, he should go be an instructor instead. Or better still, go dance by himself! Hah.

The second pet peeve I have is of a guy trying to chat me up while dancing. It's extremely irritating because it takes all the fun out from dancing. How can one concentrate on it when you have to engage in a conversation while surrounded by loud music? It may look romantic in the movie, Pride & Prejudice, but I think it's off limits at a dance club. I sense desperation or an ulterior motive in such guys, which makes me lose all respect for them. If he really is interested to know the girl, he should wait for the right moment to talk. He can't expect to have a decent conversation anyway while leading the girl!

Other than that, dancing is always fun! :)

P.S I think it's obvious not to have to add a third one, which definitely ranks first: a man trying to take advantage of you while dancing!!

No comments: