It's only a month before 2006 ends! I know it's really cliche to say this but time really flies! I still remember sitting down at my computer last year in December writing about my reflections on year 2005. And now, here am I again trying to do the same thing.
The first half of this year was pretty much just a continuation of life carried forward from 2005. Nothing memorable, nothing that I can think of now (except that I was able to let go of some excess baggage). Although, I was trying to treasure every moment because I knew I was going to lose a good friend to her home country very soon. I guess I can say that I kind of got through the first half with some fear, not knowing what was going to happen in my 2nd year. And just a few months ago, I was able to do something that had been on my mind for a long time. I did it and it was different from what I expected. I couldn't figure out what lesson I was supposed to learn from that then, but now I think I do. Hopefully, that would lead me to the right place.
I seem to have worked on one of my resolutions this year and that is to be more sociable. I'm going out more often and have met new people this year, expanding my social circle. Work has been very dry and the weekends are something I really relish every week. Perhaps that is why I feel the need to go out, meet people & have fun. Dancing has really "saved" me. It definitely is adding more spice and joy to my life! I find that I'm getting quite attached to the connections I've made here. It's making me not want to leave Japan so soon, which I won't have to if only I can find a new job after JET! *fingers crossed*
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment