Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Blagh...I feel dizzy.


I was watching a TV programme on the autumn leaves in Nikko and nursing a cold when I felt the awful feeling of my apartment shaking. It was 8.44 p.m. It lasted for a minute but it felt long. There had been 2 longer and stronger earthquakes since I arrived. But both times I was in Tokyo, so I didn't feel anything. Everything in my living room was shaking along with the tremor. I quickly got up from my sofa and went to my futon which is the safest part of the room because there's nothing above. I felt a little sick from the shaking. It was like getting sea sick. News on earthquakes in Japan is really quick. The moment I changed to the NHK channel after the tremor stopped, the newscaster was reporting on the earthquake. The epicenter of the earthquake is at Ibaraki-ken. The strength of the tremor was 5 there and 3 in Saitama.

I have yet to experience an earthquake that shakes vertically. Aaack, that will feel so horrible....Please don't let me be in the shower at that time!

No comments: