
Heard that Nikko is a very good place for viewing autumn leaves in the Kanto region. So I went with Rebekah and April. Rebekah took the train from Aizu and transferred to our train at 下今市. However, it's was a little too early to see the full effect of 紅葉 (autumn leaves) when we were there. Nikko is also famous for its shrines and temples (especially Tosyogu Shrine), Lake Chuzenji
and the waterfalls.Unfortunately, due to the rain, it casted a huge shroud of mist at Lake Chuzenji and we couldn't see the Kegon Falls at all!! It was raining, misty and freezing at the lake! But we still had a good time. The pension we stayed at was wonderful! And we had a really good Chinese dinner. "Real" chinese soup and char siew pau!!! I didn't know how much I missed Chinese food until I had that meal. I was so hungry and happy that I forgot to take photos of that!
I want to return to Nikko in Nov for a day trip to see the 紅葉 and the waterfalls! But thinking about the money for the transportation and entrance fee to the World Heritage Park...hmmm....I may go back in spring if my parents come for a holiday.
No comments:
Post a Comment