


Though it cost me a lot, I was really glad to have gone on the staff trip with my previous school to 会津(Aizu) in 福島県(Fukushima ken). We had lots of fun! Unlike my previous trips, this was nicely arranged by the staff. All I had to do was follow and enjoy! It was my first time travelling with a group of Japanese and it's a different experience.
During the 4 hr trip, we snacked, drank and sang karaoke on the bus. Many of the male teachers were getting themselves pretty drunk at the back of the bus. As we reached 栃木県, I could see lots of autumn leaves. It was unbelievably beautiful. Although I missed seeing them at Nikko, this trip made it up for me. And in Fukushima, it was snowing in the mountains. I saw snow for the very first time in my life! In the bus, I marvelled at the many little snow flakes blowing strongly outside. I was the only one really excited about it. But the teachers were happy for me too!
However, it's REALLY cold in Aizu. My feet froze like they never did and I was wearing really thick and expensive socks. I pity Rebekah who lives there. She said it's so cold that she feels like crying sometimes. I can understand her feelings. Even Saitama is too cold for me now. In February, it will become cold like Aizu. And in Aizu, the snow will be 1 m tall......Brrrrrrrrrrr.
Having suffered stiffness recently from curling up when I sleep at night because of the cold, I could finally relax my body at the onsen in the traditional Japanese hotel we stayed at. I probably caused a headache to the teachers though, as I simply refused to go into the public bath with them naked. But luckily, there were 3 private baths there and I was able to have 1 to myself twice. Janet and I went to the onsen 3 times. Twice on Sat night and once on Sun morning before breakfast. The second time, I mustered my courage and went to the public one with Janet seeing that there weren't anyone and both of us can't see well when we take off our glasses! It was really weird for me, but Janet was so acting so naturally. It was a huge step for me. But I still don't have the courage to go when there are others around. Maybe next time........
I should stop now and let my pictures do the talking when I send them.
1 comment:
U lucky gal!!! going everywhere!!!! ENVYYYYYYYY! :(
Post a Comment