Heeding Janet's and my Japanese teachers' advice, I've just started taking a bath every night. This is Janet's routine here when the weather gets cold. I didn't want to at first because it's troublesome. It's not only time consuming but also very wasteful. But a hot shower doesn't help relieve my aching body from the cold and keep me warm enough. So I finally decided to try.
Now, I can spend almost an hour in total taking a shower first before I go into the bath. It's pretty relaxing, though not as good as an onsen. And it keeps me warm for longer and my body feels less stiff. I can now appreciate the benefits of a hot bath. Before, I thought the Japanese have too much time and aren't worried about saving water. But I understand now that it's pretty necessary when it's this cold here.
I'm also using the gas heater a lot at home now. I'm so going to cry when my water, electricity and gas bills come. Waahhhhh!!! : (
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment