I have 4 special students in my current school. They are the handicapped students. Not physically handicapped though. I'm not really sure what problems they have, but one of them has Down syndrome. They have their own classroom and a teacher of their own. Every Fri, they'll have an English lesson with the AET. I find them really sweet and friendly. Although two of them are pretty shy. I'm lucky to have this experience to teach the less advantaged. I've always kind of wanted to do volunteer work, but guess I'm too lazy to commit myself to it.
Though they're slow in learning, they are quite like normal children. But Ricky (nickname), the one with D.S is more temperamental. Yesterday, he was walking along the corridor meowing like a cat. The vice principal really thought there was a cat! But Ricky is also very hyperactive and talkative. He's really just like a big kid. :) And 藤川くん is very sweet and would always wave and call out, "シンシア先生!シンシア先生!” when he sees me. Heard that he does that to all the AETs!
I'm racking my brains on what to teach them because of their lower ability. Have to think back on what I used to do with my primary school Japanese kids.
Friday, November 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment