Thursday, November 24, 2005

Road hazard

I'm such a road hazard. Had my first bike accident tonight. Perhaps it was my fault because I was tired and in a bad mood today, thus didn't pay attention. Or it was the obasan's fault for assuming that I would go straight when I was really going to turn round the corner.

It was already dark when I came home from the supermarket. Japanese streets are pretty dark by Singapore's standards. As usual, I was about to turn round the corner to my apartment, when the obasan and I collided into each other. She screamed and fell on her head from her bike. All her groceries came flying out from her basket. Luckily, I was holding tightly onto my handles and didn't fall. I quickly parked my bike and went to help her. She was groaning in pain. And my bike fell, so did my groceries. I helped her picked up her stuff as she had already gotten up by herself. I was so worried and frightened. Asked if she's ok but she said she doesn't know and her head hurts. Luckily she could walk and didn't yell at me or anything. Even asked if I'm ok.

I'm ok except for my eggs and the plastic ring of my front wheel. I realised that it was crooked as I tried to wheel it. Luckily, a kind Japanese couple stopped to check if we were ok and the husband helped me fix my wheel. They also kindly stopped a car from running us over as we were in the middle of the road.

I certainly hope that she doesn't get a stroke or head concussion from the collision. Otherwise it'll be my fault. I must be more careful the next time.

No comments: