

Have you ever had a day whereby you experience many things within a short time? I just had one. I went for my Japanese lesson at my tutor's place as usual. As expected, she wanted to bring me to the river (Motoarakawa) near her place to view the sakura before they are gone. As we were still having the lesson at her home, the sky turned darker and threatened to rain. And it did while thunder & lightning struck along with a surprise...hailstones! It was my first hailstorm in Japan. They were the size of mint candies. I thought sadly that my hanami viewing was doomed today. Miraculously, the rain cleared and the sun shone brightly 15 mins later. What a strange day!Nakamura sensei taught me how to make chirazushi and we had lunch together with her husband, who fed me lots of snacks from Japan and China. After being fed so well, my tutor and I set out on our bikes to the river. The petals were falling and they looked beautiful as they drifted down from the branches. They looked exactly like confetti. And wouldn't it be wonderful to get married under the cherry blossoms?
Later, she brought me to her previous workplace in her car, which has two rows of big, tall cherry trees. Next to it is a horse riding club.

To round it up, she came by to my place in her car at 7:30 to go to the river to see the hanami light up as I'd never seen it before. Thanks to my tutor I had a really packed hanami experience today!
No comments:
Post a Comment