I've been feeling rather restless recently. And although this isn't quite the cause, it makes me more eager to get my hands on the French books my family is sending me. I can't believe myself how fast I found a French tutor! But the person came into my mind immediately when I decided to relearn French. Babou is a French ALT in the JET programme. Although we've never been introduced formally, I saw him briefly during the Saitama JET orientation. And I've heard April talk about him a few times as they both teach at the same school. He seems like a funny guy because the stories of him from April are pretty hilarious. I got his contact from April and he's willing to teach me French.
I totally expected him to charge me when I asked about the fee, but very kindly he isn't! If things go according to plan, I would be having lessons once a week. And I can't wait! But I have to....because the books aren't here yet. I remember feeling in awe of the ambience whenever I stepped into Alliance Français at Newton for my French classes six years ago. And not to forgot my very charming teacher, Pascal. I was completely raptured by his accent.
Perhaps after learning for some time, I may pick up the courage to talk to "French Charming", a nickname that April & I gave to another French ALT who looks very charming indeed. :0
Monday, April 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment