Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Busy busy!


June is a really busy month...what with my family here, having just come back from the 3 days 2 nights re-contracting conference at Tokyo and going off to Hokkaido on Saturday! I don't think I can handle many late nights and going out so often because it made me fall sick.

The re-contracting conference was like deja-vu as it was held at Keio Plaza in Shinjuku, the same hotel we had for our Tokyo orientation when I arrived excitedly from Singapore. Although we saw pretty much the same people, the feeling was different. Everyone of us has experienced how life and work in Japan is like. I'm pretty sure our views of everything here has changed. It was a really good break from work because I got to stay in the city for a few days and be in an international environment. JET participants from all over Japan (except for those who went to Kobe instead) who are re-contracting for a second year gathered in Tokyo once again for 3 days of workshops and presentations. It's been a long time since I saw so many "ang mohs"! It was fun to meet people you were separated from since August last year and hang out in Shinjuku after the conference. Now that I was speaking only in English for a few days, it would take some time for me to get back into my Japanese mode. Well, vice versa.

Getting off the train and arriving at my station, I felt strange for a moment. I'm back again to this rural and Japanised environment. Back to my present reality......

No comments: