Saturday, June 24, 2006
Never miss the last train!
I was still in Tokyo after 11 p.m with my friends. We had a very late dinner at Shimokitazawa. By the time I reached Omiya, my last train was gone!!! This meant that I either had to wander on the streets till the wee hours or take a cab. Of course I had to take the cab. If only I had known earlier that I had missed my train (stupid system error that didn't allow me to check my train schedule the whole night on my mobile!!), I could have stayed over at Michael's place in Urawa. But I didn't have my glasses and I have to throw away my daily contact lens, which means I would be half blind coming home in the morning!! So whatever it is, I'm stuck with taking the cab. The cab fare totaled up to 5,700 yen...which almost gave me a heart attack. I was wincing when I peeped at the meter! That is almost S$70! And Omiya is just a 15 min train ride away. The train ticket from Omiya only costs 230 yen. Waahhh (wailing!!)!! I swear I'm never going to miss my last train in Japan again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment