Thursday, June 15, 2006

First year anniversary

It's been a year (++) since I've started blogging! The only other time I'd kept a writing journal when I was in my early teens, though I can't remember how long I continued with it. I had 2 journals and they were not as interesting. They were mostly filled with stuff on my stupid crushes and my first "love" (which on hindsight was just puppy love). Once, my ex-boyfriend who came to Singapore for a visit happened to find my journals kept in a box with a lot of other stuff from my secondary school days. He insisted on reading them and I thought why not since it was such a long time ago and they contained nothing about him. But he couldn't help laughing while he was reading that I got so fed up and banned him from ever touching them again! I hadn't touched them for a long time until his "discovery" so I read them too when he was out of sight. And it was really embarrassing to read about what I was thinking when I was younger! It showed how much I'd changed since then.

Anyway, I've digressed. Why did I start to blog? It all started when I took the temporary teaching job at the Japanese Primary School. I just had so many stories to share about the kids. I was always talking about them to my family and friends, which I guessed must have bored them! My sister was already blogging at that time and with a little help from her, I started to write about the kids. At least my blog can't complain that I keep talking about them. :p

And I kept on writing after coming here because I want to record every detail and experience of my life here. I regretted not keeping a journal when I was in Melbourne. Because it's not recorded, it somehow feels not as real as it should be. I like that I can upload my pictures too because photos are also representative of a memory. It also saves me the obligation and trouble of sending mass emails to family and friends about how and what I'm doing here. If they're interested enough to know, they can always read my blog. Though, there are also things that I can't write in here because they're not meant to be shared with everyone. That is one thing I hate about blogging.

No comments: