Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The BIG 25!

I'm officially in my mid-twenties!! I turned 25 yesterday and though I was whining to people about feeling old, I actually couldn't help feeling excited about it. I hadn't been excited about my birthday since turning 21. 22,23,24 didn't sound very significant. Maybe 25 is a round figure. Maybe 25 makes me sound or look more mature. haha.

I had a nice girls' night out to celebrate. The place we were supposed to go was a surprise planned by Janet. It was a surprise all right...I still don't know where the Italian restaurant that we were supposed to go is! We couldn't find the place following the directions Janet & Jeanny's (Janet's friend who's also Canadian) friend gave. So I had to go to a Japanese restaurant and even the police box (it's not exactly a station) to ask for directions. It was hard because we don't even know the name! But the policemen were very friendly. They gave me a map, telephone number and even called up the only Italian restaurant they know to check. Unfortunately, it is closed on Mondays. Janet & Jeanny think that the reason they were so helpful is because they have the hots for me...haha! They became even friendlier when they heard me speaking English to the girls. We must have made their boring day more exciting because one policeman started to talk about his travels to Singapore & Canada. hehe.

Well, we did end up in a nice little Italian restaurant after all due to luck. So after walking round for ages and burning some calories before eating, we finally settled down for my birthday dinner & wish! Yay...Happy Birthday to myself! I really hope my birthday wish will come true because it's so important to me.

No comments: