Saturday, September 03, 2005

Celebrity Status

I feel like a mini celebrity in my town! First, I get to appear in the local newsletter. My first time on print! Had my picture taken and wrote a short Japanese text about myself and my feelings of this town. Any new AETs in this town will be introduced to the people here in this way and I happen to be the only new AET this year.

And I feel like a celebrity in school too coz the students are so interested in the new AET! If I were a teacher back home, I wouldn't get so much attention. They would smile and greet me and make comments like "kawaii", "kirei", "nihonjin mitai", "hosoi", "ashi ga nagai" (hmm...but I don't agree with that). I'm not going to translate coz it makes me sound narcissistic! :p The boys are really cute as they would come into the staff room to see me and just shyly say, "Hi, Hello!" and greet me goodbye when I leave the school.

No comments: