Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The story behind 肉ジャガ, Meat potato stew

I had 肉ジャガ for the first time during school lunch today. It's probably a home cooked dish because I've never had it in any Japanese restaurants. It was so delicious!! I was praising the dish to the other school staff when the principal told me the "story" behind this dish. To qualify as a Japanese wife, every woman has to know how to make a good 肉ジャガ. Haha....I knew what he was implying again and I cheekily shook my head as he was advising me to learn how to make it. The principal is always trying to psycho me into marrying a Japanese man! He always tells me, "Japanese boy....very good (beri gooddo)!" and would recommend to me the Japanese language teacher (who looks like a married man to me), the math or the social studies teacher. He doesn't even spare my male students! He once caught hold of one 3年生 and said, "He....gooddo Japanese boy!" To his offers, I would always reject them by shaking my head solemnly. He's so baffled with me and always asks, "why, why?"

Anyway, I asked Morita-san how to cook 肉ジャガ and I'm going to make it at home one day. But that's only because I like it and have too many potatoes left!! But that would make the principal so happy! Hehe.

No comments: