Before I gave my answer, I emphasised to the class that I'm thinking about the present moment, what's most important to me NOW and my answer might be different in the future. The order of my answer was this: 2, 3, 1, and 4. Most of my students guessed wrongly as they thought "spending time with family" would be the first for most people. Well, it's a tie between that and making money..hah. I overheard one student saying to another that I probably don't like my family at which I quickly rushed to explain that it's because I'm in Japan now and don't get to spend time with them. It would be very hypocritical of me to put that as No. 1 because the truth is I'm not spending time with them. And as a matter of fact, the thing that's most important to me now is to find a new job, something that I'd hopefully like, after JET.
Even then, I felt a little shitty for thinking that. It made me sound like I'm very unfeeling. I don't know...am I?
No comments:
Post a Comment