Thursday, October 19, 2006

Which S are you good at?

I don't know how accurate it is to say that but I've always thought that in the past (during my school days) only either one S is focused. Studies or sports. If you're good at studying, people assume you have no time for sports and naturally won't excel in it. Likewise, if you're good at sports, people think that you wouldn't have the energy left to achieve good grades considering the amount of time you spend outdoors. As it is, I've plenty of opportunities to observe the children of today as I go to many schools. And to my surprise, I've seen many kids who are equally good outdoors as they are indoors, meaning the classroom. I guess it is now being acknowledged that both S are just as important. To those kids, they have my full admiration as I witness their potential in not just one, but two areas and perhaps even more. And envy too because although I've always been pretty good at my studies, I hang my head down when it comes to sports. What's worse is when some people say that they can tell from my appearance!

No comments: