Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Why is it Australia again?!

Has Australia cast a spell on me? I seem to be fated with that country. I've been there twice for holidays and spent almost 2 years studying in Melbourne. In 2004, I bought a ticket to Melbourne to visit someone though I didn't go in the end. And in Dec, I'll be going there once more (Adelaide too)!! Argh...I can't believe it...I don't know whether to be happy or exasperated. Happy because Melbourne feels very special to me. Exasperated because I'd rather go somewhere I've never been to as I haven't travelled to many countries. I always end up going to the same countries...why??!!!

Maybe fate wants to bring me back to Melbourne. I'd planned to go to New Zealand at the end of the year with my family for a long time. Though my mum kept changing about her mind about going, when she finally decided to go, tickets are fully booked. Argh! My second choice was Canada so that I can visit Janet. But after hearing how cold it is in Dec, I was very hesitant. So instead, we're going to stay at a family friend's place in Melbourne as they kept insisting that we should visit them. We were planning to go to New Zealand with that family, but even they couldn't get tickets in Australia. Such bad luck! :(

Though it would certainly be very nostalgic to walk down the streets of Melbourne again. I wonder if it has changed much...

No comments: