Friday, March 17, 2006

Am I becoming sporty??

The wind today is crazy! It feels exactly like a typhoon minus the rain. It was a breeze cycling to school (although the wind threatened to blow me and my bike away a few times) as it carried me with it and got me to school really fast. But it nearly killed me riding home as I huffed and puffed against the wind.

Classes ended really early and we had lunch earlier. And that left me with nothing to do for the rest of the afternoon. I was reading and dozing off to sleep at my desk until I could not bear it anymore. Tennis practice was cancelled due to the strong wind so I went to check out the clubs in the gym instead. Table tennis caught my attention. I like sports that involve a small ball and racquet! Don't ask me to go near big balls because I really hate them. Reminds me of the bad memories I had in volleyball club during secondary school. *shivers* I went up to the boys and asked them to teach me. I wonder why there aren't any girls in the club. Maybe they train on different days. The boys were very patient & encouraging while they took turns to teach and play with me. After an hour, I was able to serve and receive quite decently. I didn't expect it to be so fun! But there's only one more week of school before the spring break and I've only just gotten the hang of it. Hopefully the next school has a table tennis club too.

I know I should have started exercising long time ago but it was so cold! Yeah yeah..me and my excuses! I hope my last minute workout this week will keep me fit enough for skiing at Niigata this weekend.

No comments: