Thursday, March 16, 2006
Sayonara to winter's fats
Argh, my spring's resolution is to lose weight! I can't stand how my face is so round in photos now. Weight has gradually caught up on me since I came to Japan! This is so so so so horrible even though I was expecting it. I miss the days when people exclaimed how thin I am!! Although nobody has said I'm fat yet.....I hope not!!! Moving to another country always makes people gain weight because of the change in the lifestyle and diet. I guess the main reason for me is because I can't exercise at home like I used to do in Singapore (Japanese snacks is a culprit too as they're so nicely packaged that it's hard to resist!). My apartment is so small and totally not sound-proof that I'm afraid I'll disturb my neighbours when I skip. And of course I can't afford to have a threadmill here. So I've decided to make use of the school. I was climbing up and down the stairs during lunch break today, which amused the 1 nensei girls. And I discovered some boys playing tennis during the break and they were nice enough to lend me a racquet. They saw me again after school during their tennis club practice. I've played tennis with the girls before but I prefer the boys. The girls are usually less serious and like to chit-chat. But playing with the boys makes me feel bad because I'm not very good. I would like to play tennis every day during lunch break if possible. But the problem is whenever I change school, there'll always be an interval that I don't do anything until I get to know the students better. And I have to find somewhere else to exercise during the school vacation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment