Thursday, February 02, 2006

I wish I can split myself into two

I should be going home for a little while in August. But there're two things I don't like about going home for the holidays. I'm torn between spending time with my family and friends. Because I can only afford spending a short time at home, my mum always nags that I don't spend enough time with the family. But that's not fair! My friends have to work. So naturally, I can only meet them after their work at night. Because of that I can't have dinner with my parents. Not having dinner with them means I won't be able to see them at all as they go to work at 5 a.m. and sleep very early at night. Also having different groups of friends mean going out on several nights, which usually leaves me only the weekends with my family. But I don't actually see a lot of my friends as I can only meet one group twice at the maximum. And those are usually reserved only for my long time secondary school friends. I can understand how my mum feels, but she has to understand my situation too. :(

Another thing is boredom. I've nothing to do during the day at all! My friends are working and my family members aren't at home too. Because it's the holidays, I've no work or studying to do. So it's actually a waste of money to go home as only my nights are utilised! Sometimes I'm tempted to use that money to go travelling instead. But I'll still go home even if it means spending only a little time with my family and friends.

No comments: