The four most popular questions AETs have to answer over & over again especially if you have many schools to rotate are "What food do you like?", "What sports do you like?", "Do you like natto (a kind of mashed beans that's disgusting. widely described by the Japanese as a version of Vegemite, but I don't think so. Vegemite smells! Natto has no odour, but still gross.) and "Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?". I refuse to answer the last question straightforwardly because it's private. I don't want my students to assume that any guy walking beside me in Shiraoka is my boyfriend or potential one! So I'll always say "I don't know", "I can't answer that" or "I have so many". But then by not answering directly, they'll immediately take it as a yes. Hah.
P.S I think I'm pmsing, which explains the mood of my posts these days....
Friday, February 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment