Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Identity mix-up

As I walked into one of the 1 nensei classes in the morning together with the JTE, 福元君(a spitting image of Mike Myers. I specially printed out a picture of M.M to show him, but he hasn't been too pleased with me since then! hee..) with his high shrill voice screamed, "Aaaccck, here comes Janet!". I pretended to be angry and said you're not my favourite student anymore (he isn't though). The JTE went along by saying that he's not going to start the lesson until 福本君 remembers my name. So the poor boy was talking to himself (as usual) and trying to redeem himself. He finally remembered when the class were about to greet the JTE and me good morning. He looked as if he has struck gold when he recalled my name. Ahh..福元君...he's really a character. hehe.

I sometimes get called "Janet" by the students. I'm not surprised if the teachers mistake me for Janet too. It's not as if we look alike, but there are too many AETs coming and going all these years that it's hard to keep track. Besides, we're both Chinese. And Peter often gets mistaken for Ricky. When I was with Peter at the elementary school the other time, the kids saw him and went "Ohh..Ricky!! Hey, Ricky!!", which really amused me. Again, they look completely different. I wonder who will be me the next time the new AETs arrive in August.

No comments: