The class I had to eat lunch and clean the classroom (only happens at this school) with today overwhelmed me a little with their attention. Some boys from 2-2 crowded around me and kept talking to me when I went up. Questions came from them ceaselessly even as we were eating until they ran out of things to ask. I enjoyed and was very flattered by their attention, but it made it hard for me to eat. Because I'm a slow eater, I had to gobble up all my food when the bell rang. Japanese are trained well to be fast eaters. Fortunately, not all classes are like 2-2 (some classes aren't interested in talking to me) so I can eat slowly in peace. Otherwise, I will suffer from indigestion!
The boys flirted with me harmlessly (It's not meant to sound bad! It's a natural thing to do at this age & beyond from my view) and teased me about a male teacher whose wife is an English teacher I've worked with in another school. I discovered that he has a crush on me from the boys today and not only that, one boy made fun about him coming to peep at me many times during cleaning! This is not the first time I've heard of married Japanese men liking me, which makes me not want to marry a Japanese man. I wouldn't want my future husband to be hankering thoughts about some young lady at his workplace!
I'm beginning to feel that there's something wrong in my life. Why am I getting so much attention from young boys and married men when I really should be getting attention from young and eligible men?! The traffic directed towards me should really change because it's so wrong! (......no emoticon to express the emotion I feel. haha.)
Wednesday, February 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment