Saturday, February 25, 2006

Nowhere to hide

I was having dinner at the ramen shop (I swear it has the best ramen I've ever eaten in Japan) when a few students of mine walked in. I'm always bumping into my students as I live in a small town and am near all my schools. I see them at the train station, on the train, when walking to the station or home, at the DVD rental shop, 100 yen shop, ramen shop, supermarkets, Mister Donuts, McDonalds and even the clinics. I don't really mind them seeing me outside the schools, as I even go up to talk to those I'm more familiar with. But it's kind of embarrassing sometimes as I look horrible when I go to the doctor! Some students & most teachers also know where the AETs live which surprised and made me uncomfortable at first. But luckily, we have no stalkers at our schools. Unfortunately for Alex, my friend in another city, has had girls following him home which made him crazy! :p

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey cynthia, my info[at]julian.li email crashed, can you send me your last email again to my other email address julian.li[at]julian.li so that i can reply.

so frustrasting!

PS Cant wait to see pics of ramen...