


The school went ahead with the Sports Day even though it was raining. We had really bad weather today as it rained, stopped and only to rain again on and off. The students continued to participate even when it was pouring. It was cold too and I felt sorry to see them all drenched & shivering in their clothes. They were such good sports. The teachers joined them in the rain as well. I stood in my rain coat, not wishing to fall sick as I already have a headache. I don't actually have anything to do at events like Sports Day. They just require the AET to show up because it's a work day. If Janet hadn't decide to join me today, I would seriously be bored to tears.
I was trying to avoid any eye contact with Ikeda-kun whenever I saw him at the sports ground. But he finally came to look for me, standing a metre behind me whispering my name. That really made me jump! I quickly called out to Janet (who already read the letter and laughed) to come to my side, hoping that he wouldn't linger around for long when there're two English speakers. He asked if I've read his letter and what I thought of it. I bowed and said "Ahh...arigatou gozaimashita....". As expected, he asked me to reply him (aaaack!!) and I could only lie and say "Wakarimashita". Janet saved me and talked to him for a while before he felt awkward being with two foreigners and left. Phew...I was so relieved when he left. Poor boy...I hope he can deal with a broken heart. For some really perverse reasons, I attract the weirdest guys! I still remember unpleasantly a (totally uncool) guy who sent flowers to my office saying that he's thinking of me every second just two days after our first meeting!! He didn't even have the guts to sign off as his own name, preferring to put down an alias which was so bloody obvious! For heaven's sake, if you're weird or desperate, please just leave me alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment