Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Home is coming

In about two weeks time, I'm going to get a special delivery of food and products that I always use at home. Because my mum, dad & sister are coming!! It also means that I can eat my mum's cooking...yay! I get tired of cooking for myself all the time. And I can totally be my Singaporean self and speak in a mixture of Mandarin & English without having to worry that people won't understand me. I know I'm always saying that I don't want to live in Singapore forever, but that doesn't stop me from missing home sometimes. Drats....I've just announced publicly that I miss home. I hate admitting that because I don't want to give the impression that I'm emotionally weak and can't live independently by myself. Because I'm not like that. I want my family and friends to know that although sometimes I struggle being overseas, I can be strong and cope with it. I'm not the little girl (any more) that people immediately form an impression of just because of the way I look and sound.

No comments: